FB80 – Fratelli Bambi (2 Group)
The FB80 was manufactured for the 2006 World Barista Championship in Bern to mark the company’s 80th anniversary and was named to commemorate the anniversary as well as the founding brothers since “FB” stands for Fratelli (brothers) Bambi. While equipped with GB5 technology, it is fitted with panels that can be produced in any RAL colour or decorated with artwork or logos. It is ideal for locations where quality in the cup and design are equally important.
Like the GB5, a dynamic preheater assembly ensures that water entering the coffee boiler is precisely 76 degrees C. 76 degree C water replaces hot water exiting the group, reducing temperature swings in the coffee boiler. An algorithm-based PID temperature controller further reduces temperature fluctuation in the coffee boiler.
The group cap, which was designed by Piero Bambi, and an integrated ruby flow restrictor reduces channelling to ensure that water never leaves the saturated area of the coffee boiler, hence eliminating the introduction of temperature instability during brewing.
Featuring digital temperature control, pre-heating system, internal flow meters and group valves the FB80 takes temperature stability to a new level ensuring the best possible results in the cup.
The barista has more control over steam power, coffee boiler temperature, tea water temperature and a digital display indicates shot times. All stainless steel construction ensures that this machine is built to last. Essentially the same machine as the GB5 but with different styling, the 3 piece body can be custom painted with the grinder to match your decor. Available in 2, 3 or 4 groups.
- Saturated Groups: ensure unsurpassed thermal stability, shot after shot.
- Dual Boiler System: separate boilers optimise espresso brewing and steam production.
- Dual PID (coffee and steam): allows you to electronically control coffee and steam boiler temperature.
- Insulated Boilers: reduce energy consumption while contributing to temperature stability.
- Ruby Flow Restrictors: synthetic ruby flow restrictors resist scale formation and erosion.
- Pre-heating System: prior to entering into the coffee boiler, water is pre-heated – thus increasing productivity.
- 2 Group
|Steam boiler capacity||7 litres|
|Coffee boiler capacity||3.4 litres|
|Dimensions||755 x 627 x 485mm|